Oct 23 , 2020
Cut and seasoned for a unique, rich experience. Perfect for outdoor gatherings and camping.
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 25 mins
Additional: 4 hrs 30 mins
Total: 5 hrs 15 mins
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) beef tri-tip roast
- ⅓cup red wine vinegar
- ⅓cup vegetable oil
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Stir together salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, rosemary, and cayenne pepper.
- Put beef on a glass dish for baking
- Coat beef with spice mixture on all sides.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Combine together vinegar, vegetable oil, crushed garlic, and Dijon mustard in a sealable container.
- Cover and shake.
- Remove beef from refrigerator, uncover, and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and oil grate lightly.
- Place meat on grill and brush with mixture.
- Grill for four minutes, flip, and then baste.
- Repeat this process every four minutes until beef is firm with reddish-pink in the center. (An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C)
- Let rest for 10 minutes or more before serving.
452 calories; protein 52.5g 105% DV; carbohydrates 3.6g 1% DV; fat 24.1g 37% DV; cholesterol 166.2mg 55% DV; sodium 854.9mg 34% DV. Full Nutrition