Oct 23 , 2020
The onions are sweet and grilling them brings out a creamy delicious favor. Enjoy them on their own or as a side dish.
Prep: 15 Mins
Cook: 10 Mins
Additional: 30 Mins
Total: 55 Mins
Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 wooden skewers, or as needed
- 12 cipollini onions, peeled
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
Fill a shallow dish with water.
Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Place onions, basil, oil, and salt in a bowl.
- Toss to coat onions.
- Refrigerate, 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat grill at medium-high heat and oil the grate lightly.
- Thread onions onto prepared skewers, weaving basil between onions.
- Cook onions on the preheated grill, turning once, until sweet and tender.
62 calories; protein 1.2g 2% DV; carbohydrates 7.4g 2% DV; fat 3.4g 5% DV; cholesterol mg; sodium 229.7mg 9% DV.