Crispy Pork Belly
The center section of the pork belly, 2 1/2 pounds
Marinade Powder Ingredients:
- Five-spice powder 1 g.
- Thirteen Spice powder 8 g.
- Sugar 10 g.
- Salt 10 g.
- Pepper 5 g.
Cumin powder 5 g.
Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- Oil 20 g.
- Minced garlic ½ tbsp.
- Minced green onion ½ tbsp.
- Minced ginger ½ tsp.
- Oyster sauce 2 tbsp.
- Soy sauce 1 tbsp.
- Sugar 25 g.
- Fermented red bean curd 1 tsp.
- Fermented bean curd 1 tsp.
- Peanut butter 1 tsp.
- Sesame paste 1 tsp.
- Hoisin sauce 2 tbsp.
Chee Hau Sauce 1 tbsp.
- Make sure your pork belly is properly cleaned, prepped, and dry. Make cuts halfway into the meat on the meat side, spaced roughly one inch apart, both vertically and horizontally, so that you end up with a cube pattern. Then use a pork fork to make deep holes on the skin side, making sure they reach into the fat
- Spread the marinade powder ingredients evenly on the meat side
- Make a rectangular box with heavy-duty tin foil, with the bottom being extra thick. Put the meat in the center of the box with the skin side upwards and place on the grill
- Smoke the pork belly for 1 hour at 300 degrees. Then, brush the skin side with vinegar and grill for 30 minutes at 350 degrees
- Take it out and brush another layer of vinegar and sprinkle a thin layer of salt on the skin
- Turn the heat up to 350 degrees and bake for 45 minutes for crispy skin
- Turn it down to 300 degrees and bake for an additional 20 minutes
- Remove and let rest for 10 minutes before cutting into smaller pieces
- Heat the 20 grams of oil in a pan, add all the dipping sauce ingredients into the oil, let it fry while stirring well, and serve as the sauce for the crispy pork belly
Love my asmoke! Camping or in the back yard it performs great!